Java Resources, Reference Guides and Tutorials
What is Java
- Java Definition: Simple definition of Java from the official site.
- Java FAQs: Lots of good information about Java including usability and applets.
- Java Explanation: Explains what Java is and where it’s used.
- Java Code FAQ: Has more information about the Java code.
- Is Java accessible?: Discusses Java’s accessibility as well as what it’s used for.
- Java Technology: Looks at the actual technology in depth.
- Java: Shows the possibilities of Java.
Java Reference Guides
- Detailed Guide: Has a detailed reference guide.
- Quick Guide: Reference guide that’s mean to be used as a quick reference.
- Java User Reference Guide: A longer reference guide for Java users.
- Java Programming Guide: Guide to Java’s programming with instructions.
- Beginner's Guide: A special beginner’s reference guide for newer users.
- Java Reference Manual: Detailed reference manual from the government.
- Online Manual: An online reference manual for Java users.
- CUP User's Manual: Another manual for people who are learning to use Java correctly
- Java Manual: Guide that discusses using Java for certain things.
Java Style Guides
- Java Programming Style Guidelines: Detailed style guide with multiple helpful sections.
- Style Guide: Style guide that helps with formatting, spacing, and more.
- Java Programming Style Guide: Style guide that focuses on coding standards for programmers.
- Dojo Style Guide: Another style guide that works off the official Java style guide.
- Quick Reference Guide: A short style guide that’s meant to be used as a quick reference.
- Java Coding Style Guide: Detailed guide from Java about proper codes.
- Naming Guide: Style guide that explains naming as well as subjects like layout and others.
- Java Language Coding Guidelines: Explains how to properly format language and words using Java.
- Mozilla Guide: A style guide from Mozilla.
- The Elements of Java Style: Discusses some important aspects of Java style.
- Java Programming Style Guide: Another very detailed guide for people who are a bit more familiar with Java.
- The Elements of Good Java Style: Discusses good style practices for Java.
- Guide for Internet Documentation: A style guide to use for internet documentation.
- Simple Style Guide: A simple style guide that addresses white space and more.
- Rashbrook Guide: Another easy to use style guide for Java.
- Gwydion Style Guide for Java: Guide from a group called the Gwydion Group.
- Comment Style Guide: Explains about class layout, comments, and more.
- Header Guide: Style guide that touches on subjects like formatting header space.
- Brewing Java: A Tutorial: Very detailed guide that shows how to use java.
- Sectioned Tutorial: Tutorial that’s broken up into multiple sections for easy use.
- Getting Started: Good tutorial for beginning users.
- Java 101: Another good guide for beginners just learning to use Java.
- Java Applet Tutorial: Tutorial explaining how to use Java applets.
- Echo Tutorial: Detailed tutorial that’s broken up into easy-to-navigate sections.